The first mention of shiitake appears in Chinese medicine works 2,000 years ago. This shows the high value that this mushroom has. Shiitake is also called the “queen of mushrooms”. This mushroom contains a unique complex of bioactive substances. Apart from B vitamins (which are important for life, but almost never present in plants), shiitake also contains ergosterol (provitamin D). In addition to that, it has mineral substances like potassium, calcium, iron and zinc. It also contains 7 of the 8 human essential amino acids.
- activates the immune system in case of bacterial and viral infection
- regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- has an antiarteriosclerotic effect
- promotes cleansing of the intestines
- supports the body in case of osteoporosis and rheumatic diseases
- body detoxification
- body during chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- nature – neutral
- flavour – sweet
- tropism – stomach, spleen, lungs
Effects according to traditional medicine:
- restores Qi and nourishes blood
- removes fluids and phlegm
The content of polysaccharides in MycoMedica Shiitake extract is at least 30 % (300 mg/g).
- for health problems: 3–4 capsules a day until the problems are alleviated (you should consult your doctor or Chinese medicine practitioner)
- each week, we recommend using it 5 days in a row and then skipping 2 days
- for preventive use: 1–2 capsules a day (2–3 months in a year)
- use the capsules on an empty stomach (at least 20 minutes before eating or 30 minutes after eating), wash down with water or weak tea
Warning:: The product is not intended for children under 3 years of age or for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Keep out of the reach of children. The product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Does not contain ephedrine, caffeine, gluten, preservatives, colouring or sugar.
The products on this website are food supplements. They are not drugs and they must not be confused with prescription drugs. According to EU Directive No. 432/2006, we are not allowed to provide any health claims about our products that would refer to their healing effects. We have amended our original texts to comply with the current legislation. Therefore, you will not find much information in the product sections. Information about individual medicinal mushrooms can be found through publicly available sources. You can also use our Advice centre.