Maitake (Grifola frondosa – ram's head) parasitises oak tree trunks. The translation of the Japanese name Maitake means “dancing mushroom”, because people were dancing in joy when they found this tasty and therapeutically appreciated mushroom. To find Maitake growing in the wild was hard, the mushroom was very expensive so the mushroom pickers kept these places secret and this secret was often passed down from generation to generation.
In China, it was already used during the Han dynasty (206–210 AD). Nowadays, its very strong anti-tumour effects are being researched. It contains several bioactive components, including the particularly important grifolan. It also contains a substantial amount of ergosterol, a precursor of vitamin D.
- healthy metabolism
- weight harmonisation
- healthy immune system
- body during chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- nature – neutral
- flavour – sweet
- tropism – lungs, liver, large intestine (all five elements)
Effects according to traditional medicine:
- restores the spleen and its Qi
- removes fluids
- tonifies kidneys and liver
- purges heat
- calms the spirit
The content of polysaccharides in MycoMedica Maitake extract is at least 30 % (300 mg/g).
- for health problems: 3–4 capsules a day until the problems are alleviated (you should consult your doctor or Chinese medicine practitioner)
- each week, we recommend using it 5 days in a row and then skipping 2 days
- for preventive use: 1–2 capsules a day (2–3 months in a year)
- use the capsules on an empty stomach (at least 20 minutes before eating or 30 minutes after eating), wash down with water or weak tea
Package contents: 90 capsules, 500 mg of extract each
The products on this website are food supplements. They are not medicinal drugs and they must not be confused with prescription drugs. According to EU Directive No. 432/2006, we are not allowed to provide any health claims about our products that would refer to their healing effects. We have amended our original texts to comply with the current legislation. Therefore, you will not find much information in the product sections. Information about individual medicinal mushrooms can be found through publicly available sources. You can also use our Advice centre.
MycoMedica Maitake product is approved by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, ref. no. OVZ-35.1-21.04.2011-45938.