Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis – caterpillar fungus) has been a favourite mushroom for a long time in its home country of Tibetan Highlands. The first observations of the positive potential of cordyceps were made by yak herdsmen. The animals that grazed on cordyceps were remarkable for their stamina, high fertility and longevity. These properties of cordyceps determine its use as a tonic and a means of getting in better shape. This is possible by a combination of the active substances it contains, in particular cordycepin, polysaccharides, glycoprotein and peptides.
- healthy immune system
- fertility and sexual functions
- healthy cardiovascular system
- vitality boost etc.
- nature – warm
- flavour – sweet
- tropism – lungs, kidneys
Effects according to traditional medicine:
- restores kidney yang and ming men
- tonifies lung yin
- nourishes kidney essence
- transforms phlegm and stops cough
- calms the spirit
- supports the defensive qi
The content of polysaccharides in MycoMedica Cordyceps CS-4 extract is at least 30 % (300 mg/g).
- for health problems: 3–4 capsules a day until the problems are alleviated (you should consult your doctor or Chinese medicine practitioner)
- each week, we recommend using it 5 days in a row and then skipping 2 days
- for preventive use: 1–2 capsules a day (2–3 months in a year)
- use the capsules on an empty stomach (at least 20 minutes before eating or 30 minutes after eating), wash down with water or weak tea
The products on this website are food supplements. They are not medicinal drugs and they must not be confused with prescription drugs. According to EU Directive No. 432/2006, we are not allowed to provide any health claims about our products that would refer to their healing effects. We have amended our original texts to comply with the current legislation. Therefore, you will not find much information in the product sections. Information about individual medicinal mushrooms can be found through publicly available sources. You can also use our Advice centre.
MycoMedica Cordyceps CS-4 product is approved by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, ref. no. OVZ-35.1-21.04.2011-45938.